Monday, January 11, 2010

The smelly fruit Durian

Durians at the Asian Market

Daiva and I smelling the fruit.
See, the seeds on the side? They are edible if you roast/boil them.


Finally I got to try fresh Durian fruit. It looked cool. The spikes were sharp and you already could smell the fruit without even opening it yet. Once we opened the smell was strong, some people would say kind of stinky :) The fruit meat was sweet but strange flavor. After eating a little bit I could not eat more. My taste buds were so not used to such a strange flavor, consistency and smell. I friezed up most of the fruit. I heard they make great smoothies. The fruit comes from Indonesia and you could find them in Asian Markets. I highly recommend to try it just for such a uniqueness of it. Thanks Daiva for my Christmas present!

No comments: